Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Movies

Why is the amount of sex and violence increasing in motion pictures? Is this a case of Hollywood giving society what they want or is it simply society’s acceptance of what we are given?

I think that both factors play off of each other. I think that movies especially have a way to desinitize people to these depictions of sexual and violent conduct. I think that the more that people are desensitized to it the more that they want it and the more the movie industries are able to provide it. It is easy to argue that there is a definite demand for these movies because if there were not a demand for these movies then they would never get made. But likewise, the more of these movies that get made the more people are going to be desensitized to them and want to see more. It seems like a very vicious cycle that will continue to get worse and worse.

If you were a movie producer, what would you do to make a box office hit in 2008?

I would just make and action unlike anyone ever seen before. I would just write it so that every four pages i would either insert a big explosion or a jump kick to someone's face. The hero wouldnt want to be the hero in the first place but would have to because no one else is tough enough to do the job to take down the bad guys. The bad guys would be armed with the automatic rifles and the latests weaponry of every kind but they would never be able to hit the hero because they all have server tourette's syndrome's and shoot all over the place whenever they try to hit him. Or they would just wait until they got close enough to him that he could punch the guns out of their hands. Even when the hero was out numbered and out gunned he would just break out his super high jump kick to the face that trumps any weapon.
I would spend all of my budget on special effect explosions and advertising and save money on actors. The hero would just have to talk in a raspy voice to be cool so it wont take a lot of talent and his female counterpart would just wear really skimpy clothes so no one will really notice her acting either. It really isnt that hard to make a successful movie. I dont see what all the fuss is about.

No comments: