Wednesday, December 17, 2008

PR

Are public relations activities like image consulting ethical? Explain.

I think that it depends on what kind of image you are consulting and what you are hiding. For example, I think that someone running for public office should not be able to hid ugly aspects of his or her life whereas in other areas I think that it is important.

Public relations is important display the best possible face to the public. We saw what a good job Tom Cruise's image consultants did all those years in covering up the crazy. He always seemed like a very normal guy, but then as he stopped using as much image consulting his crazy side came out for the public to see in a very unflattering way. This hurt his career. I think that it doesnt matter too much with his occupation of making movies what he is really like in real life and so i think that he could have benifited a little more from image consulting but that is just cause his job is a little more superficial, whereas if I am voting for president, I dont want to see Barrack Obama jumping up and down on Operas couch in a few years and I realize that I got douped.

No comments: